This interactive and practical program is designed to give participants the knowledge and skills required to practice Family Law mediation with confidence and professionalism.
Webinars will held in the three (3) x 1 hour, and additional pre-reading in the weeks of May prior to the course. Webinars conducted on the 10th, 15th and 18th May.
The Course will run over 4 days—Tuesday to Friday—with Assessment on Saturday 27 May.
Over the course of the program, participants will:
- become familiar with the AIFLAM model of family law property mediation
- engage in role-plays both as a mediator and as a party to experience fully the dynamics of mediation
- develop skills in facilitating negotiation and problem-solving between the parties
- develop proficiency in managing a mediation process and, at the end of the course, should be able to mediate family property and other disputes competently (excluding disputes involving children, which requires additional FDRP training)
- develop a capacity to critically reflect on their own practice of mediation
- develop a capacity to critically reflect on which mediator interventions work and when.
As well as training in the AIFLAM mediation model, to comply with the NMAS, the course content will also include:
- preparation and dispute diagnosis in mediation
- communication patterns in conflict and negotiation situations
- negotiation dynamics in mediation
- potential responses to high emotion, power imbalances and violence
- pre-mediation preparation, screening and intake
- an understanding of the ethical and practical issues that arise in mediation
- confidentiality, enforceability of mediated agreements and liability of mediators
- cross-cultural issues in mediation and dispute resolution, and
- the roles and functions of support persons, lawyers and other professionals in mediation.
Members Price: $3,250.00 including GST. (Please ensure you are logged in to obtain the Members Price).
Non-Members Price: $3,450.00 including GST (includes membership to 30 June 2018).